Little Wandle Letters and Sounds Revised
Key features of the SSP programme
• Weekly content for every phonics lesson for Reception and Year 1.
• Engaging getting started videos, audit and guidance to ensure your school gets it right from the start
• Detailed support for application of phonics to reading, spelling and writing.
• Reading session templates, prompt cards and How to videos to support the teaching of decoding, prosody and comprehension.
• Development of vocabulary by Professor Kate Cain and the encouragement of Reading for Pleasure by Professor Teresa Cremin.
• Comprehensive Keep-up teacher’s guide for one-to-one and group teaching supported by 24 How to videos to ensure children at risk of falling behind meet age-related expectations.
• Accessible videos and downloads to support parents to encourage their child’s reading at home including pronunciation videos https://www.littlewandlelettersandsounds.org.uk/resources/for-parents/
• 72 How to videos model every aspect of teaching phonics, reading and Keep up.
• Summative assessments every six weeks identify next steps for whole class teaching and children who need Keep-up. Our online tracker records and analyses data providing an easy to use heat map.
• Support to match children’s secure phonic knowledge to the appropriate decodable reading books.
• High quality whole school online training with training report.
• Ongoing support for Reading Leaders through a bespoke webinar programme.
Your membership includes:
• comprehensive on demand online training consisting of six modules
• access to a whole school training report
• ongoing live online CPD to support Reading Leaders improve the teaching of phonics and reading.
• Find out more here: https://www.littlewandlelettersandsounds.org.uk/faqs/
Package options/ link to this information
Annual membership rates will be £750 for 1FE, £995 for 2FE, £1,250 for 3FE+.
Discount of £200 is available for any schools who have done the DfE Letters and Sounds online training in or after Summer term 2020. 10% Early Bird discount before 26th July 2021. Small schools and MATs should contact us directly for a bespoke membership fee.