Key features of the SSP programme
• Systematic decoding from left to right all through the word.
• Daily reviews of previously learned phonics (letter to sound/sound to letter).
• Blending and segmenting throughout the lessons after the first four letters.
• Decodable word, sentence and reading practice to go with each new sound and spelling learned.
• s, a, t, p, i, n teaching order.
• Covers all the National Curriculum expectations for word reading through decoding by the end of Key Stage 1.
• Covers all 44 sounds and all the major grapheme-phoneme correspondences.
• Multisensory, phonics-focused learning strategies.
• Faster learning of grapheme-phoneme correspondences.
• Carefully sequenced teaching of ‘tricky’ words.
• Assessment strand built-in with basic progress checks and in-depth assessments.
• Resources include: comprehensive Teacher’s Guide, decodable readers, flashcards, posters, songs, decodable workbooks and copymasters. Remote learning made easy –many key resources for teachers and children are available online for an affordable annual subscription.
Trainers offer systematic and structured trainings to match the teaching in your school. These sessions correspond to the specific year group being taught in the classroom. If you require a specific focus for your session, please ask. Letterland can provide all-day or half-day sessions depending on your requirements on a date that suits you.
If you are interested in attending or arranging Training Sessions, please email email@example.com
Phone: 01223 262675