Book a Showcase
Here at the Lacey Green English Hub, we will be hosting a series of Phonics and Early Reading Showcase Events to demonstrate best practice in the teaching of systematic synthetic phonics and reading, whilst discussing the importance of early language development and promoting a love for reading. This event is a fantastic opportunity to find out more about the support and possible funding available from the English Hub.
Throughout 2020- 2021, we welcomed over 120 schools to our showcase events and supported headteachers and phonics leaders to improve the phonics and early reading provision in their school, to ensure that EVERY child learns to read regardless of their background, needs to ability.
To book onto one of our FREE Virtual Showcases for 2021 -2022 please click on your preferred date below and book your place. We will release more dates throughout the academic year.
More dates to be annouced. Please keep an eye on our website and follow us on twitter (@hublacey) for dates as and when they are released. For early access, please join our mailing list.
Who Should Attend?
The are two places available for each school who attends, and funding is available for eligible schools. The event is aimed at Headteachers, Senior Leaders and English/Reading Leaders.
Outline of the Day
The day will involve:
- A welcome and introduction by the SLT explaining key leadership decisions that have enabled reading success
- The opportunity to observe phonics lessons in both Reception and in Year 1
- Question and answer sessions, as well as time to reflect on best practice
- A presentation from the Reading Lead about phonics grouping, assessment, tracking and staff training
- A presentation from the Reading Leader on high quality synthetic phonics
- The opportunity to observe a one-to-one phonics tuition session
- The opportunity to observe a shared reading demonstration
- Time to reflect on your own setting and discuss a school action plan