Book a Showcase
Lacey Green English Hub will be hosting a series of Phonics Showcase Events to demonstrate and share best practice in the teaching of systematic synthetic phonics, guided reading and promoting a love of reading in the EYFS and KS1.
To book onto one of our Virtual Showcases for 2021 -2022 please click on your preferred date below and book your place. We will release more dates throughout the academic year.
Who Should Attend?
The are two places available for each school who attends, and funding is available for eligible schools. The event is aimed at Headteachers, Senior Leaders and English/Reading Leaders.
Outline of the Day
The day will involve:
- A welcome and introduction by the SLT explaining key leadership decisions that have enabled reading success
- The opportunity to observe phonics lessons in both Reception and in Year 1
- Question and answer sessions, as well as time to reflect on best practice
- A presentation from the Reading Lead about phonics grouping, assessment, tracking and staff training
- A presentation from the Reading Leader on high quality synthetic phonics
- The opportunity to observe a one-to-one phonics tuition session
- The opportunity to observe a shared reading demonstration
- Time to reflect on your own setting and discuss a school action plan